The City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department and Dorothea Dix Park are hosting the 1st Annual FallFest at Dix Park event. It will take place on Saturday, October 27th from 11:00am-4:00pm. The event will feature a family-focused atmosphere with food/drinks, kids and adult activities, and live entertainment including:
- Live music from Milagro Saints and Counterclockwise String Band
- A fun kids zone with inflatable rides and games, pony rides, lawn games, and face painting
- A pumpkin patch and pumpkin decorating area
- Craft vendors
- And many more fall activities!
To help us prepare for everyone, please register for a free ticket!
Interested in being a craft, art, or retail vendor at FallFest? Download our vendor information below.
What to Bring to FallFest:
- Bring your friends and family.
- Bring your kiddos.
- Bring fido on a leash.
- Bring your ideas for the future of Dix Park – think BIG, think BOLD!
- Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs if you wish.
- You can bring a small cooler or picnic basket of food, but we’re going to have lots of food trucks selling delicious food, beer, ice cream and much more.
- Please note that smoking is not permitted in the park.
- Drones or other aerial devices are not permitted at the festival– we know this is a great area to fly, but drones and crowds aren’t a good combination. We’ll have plenty of entertainment to keep you busy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is the event free?
Parking, admission and activities are all free. Bring some money for food, drinks, or if you want to buy any crafts from our local vendors!
Will food and drinks be available?
Absolutely! Buy a beer from our beer tent, and check out the food vendors offering all kinds of yummy goodies! What are the hours of the festival? The festival is open 11am-4pm.
What if it rains?
The rain date is Sunday, October 28th. Be sure to dress for the weather!
How do I get there?
The event will be in Flowers Field at Dorothea Dix Park. The best park entrances to use are Hunt Drive off of Western Boulevard or Blair Drive off of Centennial Parkway. The address of the field is roughly 2105 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603. Look for signs along Umstead Drive.
Should my kiddos wear their costume to the festival?
Of course! There will be a costume contest and trick-or-treating occurring at the event.
Will I be able to go in the buildings at the Park?
Buildings will not be open to the public during the festival.
Can I bring my drone to take pictures of the event?
No, drones are not allowed at the festival.
Can I bring a stroller?
Yes, absolutely! The festival will be primarily in a grassy field, so strollers that can handle uneven surfaces will work the best.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-996-6688.
To learn more about Dix Park, programs, events, and future plans for the space, visit dixpark.org.
About the City of Raleigh and Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy: The City of Raleigh owns and operates Dorothea Dix Park. The Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that exists to support the City in its efforts, serve as its philanthropic partner, and help ensure the creation and long-term success of Dorothea Dix Park.