*** CANCELED ***
City of Raleigh invites you to Earth Day 2020!
Join us for this FREE community event to explore earth-conscious vendors and organizations while enjoying live music, games, and activities for all ages.
CELEBRATE the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day including the 2020 Raleigh Environmental Awards.
LEARN about what the City of Raleigh and Community Partners are doing to create a more sustainable Raleigh.
TAKE ACTION and pledge to volunteer and make personal changes to support the environment.
Time: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
This event is free with no ticket required, however, registration does help us plan for how many folks are attending and we can send you important event updates including inclement weather notices.
Activities & Entertainment
Education Opportunities – City of Raleigh, along with local businesses and organizations share on throughout our City helping to make our communities more sustainable.
Live Music Stage presented by Blue Water Spa from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Raleigh Environmental Awards – Taking the stage at 5:00 pm, community members are recognized for their commitment to helping the environment.
Family Activity Zone presented by N.C. Department of Natural and Cultural Resources
Local Vendor Market – Showcasing business and organizations that focus on environment-friendly products and services.
Location: Flowers Field at Dorothea Dix Park, 2105 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC
Know Before You Go
Please use the following two entrances to access on-site parking:
- Hunt Drive off Western Boulevard
- Umstead Drive off Lake Wheeler Road
- On-site parking lots that are more than a ¼ mile from the event area will have a shuttle option.
- For those arriving with persons with limited mobility and require accessibility drop-off, enter at Goode Street off Lake Wheeler Road. Follow signage and parking staff to location.
- Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible.
- Bike: Ride your bike via the Rocky Branch Greenway or Centennial Bikeway Connector.
- Bus: Take GoRaleigh 21 Caraleigh - Service to the Farmer's Market along Lake Wheeler Road.
- Ride Share: Follow signs and parking staff to drop-off/pick-up location.
Food + Water + Restrooms
- While we encourage you to enjoy the food and beverage vendors, you may also bring in your own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- You are encouraged to bring water bottles. Refill stations will be available.
- Port-a-johns will be the only restrooms available. ADA accessible facilities will be included.
Dogs are permitted, but please use your best judgment regarding whether your pooch will enjoy the event. We’re expecting a lot of people, so it could be crowded and loud. All dogs must be leashed, well-behaved and please clean up after them!
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces is available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs and Operations Supervisor, at 919-996-6688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Earth Day 2020 Sponsors!
- Media Partner -
- Think Global -
- Act Local -
- Go Green -