Join us for the Opening Reception for the Dix Park Pop Up Museum!
Be the first to see the Chapel transformed into a mini-museum with two inspiring history exhibits: Plantation to Park, presenting the layered history of Dix Hill and We Built This, a showcase of Black architects and builders in North Carolina.
Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Exhibits indoors, Reception in outdoor event tent
11:30am -Noon - Welcome & Special Remarks
Noon-12:30pm - Performance by Pierce Freelon – Grammy-nominated musician & son of late architect Phil Freelon
Light refreshments provided
Masks will be required in all indoor spaces & in the outdoor event tent
Tickets not required, but your RSVP helps us plan for attendance.
Following the opening reception event on Saturday, January 15, the Dix Park Pop-up Museum will on display through Sunday, February 27, 2022.
Museum hours are Tuesday & Wednesday: 10am-2pm, Saturday: 10am-4pm & Sunday 12-5pm.
- Face coverings are required inside all City of Raleigh facilities.
- Please stay home if you are sick!
- A 6-foot distance should be maintained between yourself and other participants in the program.
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go
- Dix Park Chapel Event Center, address is 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
- The best entrances into the park to use are Hunt Drive off of Western Boulevard or Umstead Drive off of Lake Wheeler Road
- Parking is located in the large lot in front of the Chapel Event Center.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.