We heard from many community members that they desired a place to let their dogs run free while at the park, so this spring we are transforming the former Athletic Field into a temporary dog park.
The 4-acre dog park is open to the public seven days a week and includes separate areas for small and large dogs.
This facility provides a much needed off-leash dog area for park visitors, with all other areas of Dix Park requiring dogs to be on-leash. To ensure that the field and fencing remains in good condition we will close the dog park the last week of each month for routine maintenance.
Dix Park Dog Park Schedule:
- Monday, April 29 - Park opens to the public
- Week of May 27 - 31 - Closed to the public for maintenance
Location: Dix Park Dog Park (former Athletic Field), 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Know Before You Go:
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle for yourself and your furry friends, too.
- There are no public restrooms at the park, only port-a-johns.
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid the buildings and parking areas during business hours.
Parking: Weekday dog park parking is available on Palmer Drive, see map below.