Inter-Tribal Pow Wow celebrating the legacy and culture of North Carolina Indigenous communities!
In partnership with indigenous community organizers and the Dix Park Conservancy, join us for Dix Park's Inter-Tribal Pow Wow. The community is invited to experience a day of competition dancing, music, and vendors showcasing the incredible legacy and culture of Indigenous communities living in North Carolina today.
Time: 11:30 am - 6:30 pm
Location: The Big Field at Dix Park, 101 Blair Drive Raleigh, NC 27603
Know Before You Go
- Walking will be necessary in and around the event area. Please note, portions of the event have uneven surfaces. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Port-a-johns will be the only restrooms available at the event site. ADA accessible facilities will be included.
- Indoor restrooms are available at the Chapel Event Center.
- Dogs are permitted. All dogs must be leashed, well-behaved and please clean up after them!
COVID-19 Safety Update
Please stay home if you are sick!
If we need to postpone or cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through Eventbrite ( Please RSVP) and post on the Facebook Event.
- Parking is available in all paved and gravel lots.
- Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com