Explore Dix Park during this fun free treasure hunt through a partnership with Triangle Treasure Hunt!
How it works:
- Recommended for teams of 2-4 people. The puzzles/clues are geared toward ages 13 and up, but younger children are welcome to participate along with adults.
- One person will register per team for a start time. Please do not register each team member.
- Participants meet at the check-in tent in the Kirby Building parking lot (1800 Umstead Drive Raleigh 27603).
- After an initial briefing, teams depart with their treasure map on a scavenger hunt following clues, solving puzzles, and cracking codes to find and unlock the treasure chest for a prize!
- The hunt takes about 60-90 minutes to complete and involves walking a total distance of 1.5-2.5 miles.
- We will run the treasure hunt rain or shine, unless the weather becomes dangerous due to lightning or other severe weather conditions. Please come dressed for the weather to participate.
Time: Various start times: 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:00 pm & 3:30 pm
Location: The Chapel
Registration: While free to attend, participation is limited for each time slot. Registration is required.
Know Before You Go
- Walking up hills, in grass, and on uneven surfaces will be necessary. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Port-a-johns are available throughout the park at Magnolia Room, Oak Room, Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor restroom facilities are located in the Chapel.
- Water fountains and water bottle refilling stations are located in the Chapel and at Magnolia Room and Oak Room.
- If there is dangerous weather, the event will be canceled and registered participants will be notified by email.
Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Questions? Contact Dix Park Staff at email@example.com or 919-966-3255