Explore Dix Park during this fun free treasure hunt through a partnership with Triangle Treasure Hunt!
How it works:
- Recommended for teams of 2-4 people.
- The puzzles/clues are geared toward ages 13 and up, but younger children are welcome to participate along with adults.
- One person from your team signs up for a start time.
- After an initial briefing, teams depart with their treasure map on a scavenger hunt following clues, solving puzzles, and cracking codes to find and unlock the treasure chest for a prize!
- The hunt takes about 60-90 minutes to complete and involves walking a total distance of 1.5-2.5 miles.
Time: Various start times: 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:00 pm & 3:30 pm
Tickets: Participation is limited for each time slot. Registration is required.
Location: Meet at the Kirby Building Parking Lot
Know Before You Go
- Walking up hills, in grass and on uneven surfaces will be necessary.
- Restroom facilities are available in the Chapel along with drinking water, please bring a water bottle to fill.
- If there is inclement weather, the tour will be canceled and registered participants will be notified by email.
Questions? Contact email@example.com with any questions prior to the hunt.
COVID-19 Safety Reminders
Please stay home if you are sick! Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.