Inter-tribal Pow Wow celebrating the legacy and culture of North Carolina Indigenous communities!
In partnership with indigenous community organizers and the Dix Park Conservancy, join us for the the first Inter-Tribal Pow Wow at Dix Park!
The community is invited to experience a day of competition dancing, music, and vendors showcasing the incredible legacy and culture of Indigenous communities living in North Carolina today.
Dance Competition Registration: Dix Park welcomes all tribal citizens to an open call for dance competitions for men/women, teens, and tiny-tots in Grass, Fancy, Jingle, and Traditional dance categories for an opportunity to win a cash prize! Register for the Dance Competition
Time: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Location: The Big Field at Dix Park, 101 Blair Drive Raleigh, NC 27603
This event is free and open to the public with no ticket required. However, RSVPs help us plan for how many folks are attending and we can send you important event updates including inclement weather notices.
COVID-19 Safety Update
- Please stay home if you are sick!
- Face coverings are required inside all City of Raleigh facilities.
- Mask use is encouraged in outdoor spaces when social distancing is not possible.
- A 6-foot distance is recommended between yourself and people outside your household.
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go
- Walking will be necessary in and around the event area. Please note, portions of the event have uneven surfaces. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- There will be a few food vendors at this event. Depending on attendance there may be long lines and wait times.
- You may bring in your own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Port-a-johns will be the only restrooms available at the event site. ADA accessible facilities will be included.
- Indoor restrooms are available at the Chapel Event Center from 10:00 pm-4:00 pm.
If we need to postpone or cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through Eventbrite ( Please RSVP) and post on the Facebook Event.
- Parking is available in all paved and gravel lots.
- Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible.
Dogs are permitted, but please use your best judgment regarding whether your pooch will enjoy the event. We’re expecting a lot of people, so it could be crowded and loud. All dogs must be leashed, well-behaved and please clean up after them!
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.