Spring Movie on the Lawn
Dix Park's Movie on the Lawn is back with a special Mental Health-focused family wellness fair before the show.
Activities for all ages include lawn games, informational booths with resource takeaways, a photo booth, face painter, bubbles, and games with prizes.
This event is hosted in partnership with NAMI Wake County, Family Support Network of NC, Alliance Health, Wake County Community Collaborative for Children and Families and Wake County Public Schools.
- 6:00 pm - Activities and Food Trucks Open
- 8:30 pm - Inside Out movie begins
- 10:00pm - Movie and event ends
Location: Flowers Field
RSVP: No tickets are required, however RSVPs help us plan for how many people to expect and you can receive important event information including inclement weather information.
Know Before You Go
- Bring a blanket or low beach chairs to sit on, so that you don’t obstruct the view for others.
- We encourage you to enjoy the food trucks, and you may bring your own food and beverages.
- Don't forget the sunscreen and bug spray.
- Captions are included for all outdoor movies.
- Port-a-johns are available at the event site.
- Leashed, friendly dogs are welcome, but please use your best judgement to determine if your pooch will enjoy the show!
- Las Gringas
- How Bout Burger
- Cousin's Lobster
- Lao Lao
- Batts Family Food Truck
- Mama Churros
- Alsies Ice Cream
Directions & Parking
If we need to cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through email to ticket holders and on Dix Park social media.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Captioning: Captions are included for all movies.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Questions? Contact Dix Park Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-966-3255