“You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly."
Join us in Raleigh's own Enchanted Forest for Dreamworks' Shrek! Come dressed as your favorite character or maybe just bring some gumdrop buttons.
This event is free to the public thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
- 7:00-8:30 pm - Activities & Food Trucks
- Foam Party
- Making mud and slime-sicles (non-edible, paper and stickers craft)
- 8:45 pm - Shrek begins
- 11:00pm - Event ends
Location: Flowers Field
RSVP: No tickets are required, however RSVPs help us plan for how many people to expect and you can receive important event information including inclement weather information.
Food & Beverage
- Red Neck BBQ Lab
- Lee's Kitchen
- The Dog Father
- Arepa Culture
- Party in a Pita
- Ben & Jerry's
- Wye Hill Brewing
Know Before You Go
- Bring a blanket or low beach chairs to sit on, so that you don’t obstruct the view for others.
- We encourage you to enjoy the food trucks, and you may bring your own food and beverages.
- Don't forget the sunscreen and bug spray.
- Captions are included for all outdoor movies.
- Port-a-johns are available at the event site.
- Leashed, friendly dogs are welcome, but please use your best judgement to determine if your pooch will enjoy the show!
- If there is inclement weather, the event will be canceled and registered participants will be notified by email.
Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Questions? Contact Dix Park Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-966-3255