Find your inner calm and balance with Tai Chi in beautiful Dix Park. All fitness levels welcome! This program is free thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
Instructor: Tish Oakley
Tai Chi is a series of slow, continual movements from right to left, up and down, forwards and backwards, to bring you balance. Tai Chi has been proven to lower stress and anxiety, improve mental and physical balance, and improve overall health and vitality.
Time: 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Location: Williams Field
Tickets: Participation is limited to 48 people per class. Tickets are required. Registration opens one week in advance at 12:00 pm. Be sure you're following Dix Park on Facebook for reminders!
Due to COVID-19, Tai Chi in the Park will look a bit different. New health and safety precautions have been put in place to ensure your safety and the safety of our guides and park staff. All COVID-19 related information is listed on the Eventbrite registration page.
Know Before You Go
- No special equipment is necessary: just you, comfortable shoes, and bottled water.
- Participants will be required to wear a masks at all times. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Drinking water is not available in the park.
- There are port-a-johns available, but they may be a significant walk from the Tai Chi location.
- The minimum age is 12 years old and minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces are available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs and Operations Supervisor, at 919-996-6688 or email@example.com