*** POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN ***
Join us to celebrate the opening of the Wings of the City exhibit in Raleigh!
Walk or bike along the exhibit route to see these incredible sculptures while celebrating Mexican culture with art, live music and food trucks. We're closing Umstead Drive and S. Boylan Avenue around the Grove and Harvey Hill so folks can safely stroll from the Chapel to the Oak Room.
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
10:00 - 11:00 am - Dulce Melodrama
11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Latin Swing
2:00 - 4:00 pm - Ricardo Diquez & The Tropic Orchestra
Taqueira La Capitol
Snow Peak Treats
Location: The Grove at Dix Park - Umstead Drive from Lake Wheeler Road to the Chapel Event Center.
RSVP: This event is free to attend and open to the public all day.
COVID-19 Safety Reminders
- Please stay home if you are sick!
Mask use is strongly encouraged in outdoor spaces when social distancing is not possible.
- A 6-foot distance is recommended between yourself and people outside your household.
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go
- Please use the Lake Wheeler Road or Hunt Drive entrances into Dix Park.
- Parking is available in lots around the event area.
- Walking will be necessary in and around the event area. Please note, portions of the event have uneven surfaces. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- While we encourage you to enjoy the food and beverage vendors, you may also bring in your own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- You are encouraged to bring water bottles. Refill stations will be available.
- Restrooms are located at the Chapel Event Center
If we need to postpone or cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through social media and update this webpage.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.