Enjoy the nature and tranquility of Dix Park with a yoga class to increase strength and flexibility. All fitness levels welcome! This program is free thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
Monday Yoga Instructor: Natalia Mejia
- 1st + 3rd Wednesdays: Gentle Flow Yoga
- 2nd + 4th Wednesdays: Yin Yoga—Meditative, Deep Stretch
Time: 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Location: Williams Field
Tickets: Participation is limited to 48 people per class. Tickets are required. Registration opens one week in advance at 12:00 pm. Be sure you're following Dix Park on Facebook for reminders!
Due to COVID-19, Yoga in the Park will look a bit different. New health and safety precautions have been put in place to ensure your safety and the safety of our guides and park staff. All COVID-19 related information is listed on the Eventbrite registration page.
Know Before You Go
- Bring a yoga mat and/or a towel and a filled water bottle.
- Participants will be required to wear a masks at all times. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Drinking water is not available in the park.
- There are port-a-johns available, but they may be a significant walk from the yoga location.
- The minimum age is 12 years old and minors must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces are available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs and Operations Supervisor, at 919-996-6688 or firstname.lastname@example.org