Effective June 1, 2020, Raleigh Parks will reopen many outdoor amenities including dog parks. All dog park users must continue to follow group size and social distancing guidelines. For a complete update from Raleigh Parks on facility and program status, please visit Raleigh Parks Covid-19 Information.
We've made a change while you were away
Dog owners tell us they love that the Dix Park temporary dog park is large in size and grassy. We have also heard folks don't love a muddy field or week-long closures. In response, we are testing out a new idea.
The main, large dog area has been divided in two. This will allow for our park maintenance team to close a portion of the dog park so the turf can rest and regrow while leaving the remainder of the dog park open – eliminating the need for monthly closures of the entire facility.
The off-leash area at Dix Park is the only grass dog park in the Raleigh Parks system. We are continually learning and adapting in our efforts to keep our dog park in good condition for our two and four-legged visitors. Thank you for your patience and feedback!
Visiting the Dix Dog Park? Know Before You Go:
- Open seven days-a-week, sunrise to sunset
- Expect short closures on Wednesday mornings for mowing
- Weekday parking is located at 900 Palmer Drive
- All City of Raleigh Dog Park Rules apply
- Pick up after your dogs. Waste bags are available
- Be sure to bring water for yourself and your pups
- Port-a-john and hand washing station are available
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park
Please be aware, the dog park is not supervised. Owners and handlers are responsible for their dogs and their dog’s behavior at all times. Animal Control can be reached at 919-831-6311.
Questions about the Dorothea Dix Dog Park? Call 919-996-6688 or email email@example.com.