Dogs and their owners are invited to run, romp and relax at the temporary off-leash dog park now open at Dix Park. The dog park is located on the site of the former athletic field on Biggs Drive where our Pop-PupAlooza events have been held.
This facility provides a much needed off-leash dog area for park visitors, with all other areas of Dix Park requiring dogs to be on-leash.The 4-acre dog park is open to the public seven days a week and includes separate areas for small and large dogs.
See below for upcoming closure dates routine maintenance and other important information about visiting the Dix Park Dog Park.
Location: Dix Park Dog Park, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Know Before You Go:
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle for yourself and your furry friends, too.
- There are no public restrooms at the park, only port-a-johns.
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid the buildings and parking areas during business hours.
- Wednesday mornings the dog park is closed while our Parks crew is mowing.
- Routine maintenance and rest periods are needed to keep the field and fencing in good shape, see schedule below.
Dates Closed for Maintenance:
- July 29 - August 2
- August 26 - 30
- September 23 - 27
- October 21 - 25
- November 18 - 22
- December 16 - 20
- Weekday dog park parking is available on Palmer Drive, see map below.
- Please be aware that races and other weekend events at Dix Park require short-term road closures around the dog park area. For questions of concerns, contact email@example.com.