Dogs and their owners are invited to run, romp and relax at the temporary off-leash dog park now open at Dix Park. The dog park is located on the site of the former athletic field on Biggs Drive where our Pop-PupAlooza events have been held.
This facility provides a much needed off-leash dog area for park visitors, with all other areas of Dix Park requiring dogs to be on-leash.The 4-acre dog park is open to the public seven days a week and includes separate areas for small and large dogs.
To ensure that the field and fencing remains in good condition we will close the dog park the last week of each month for routine maintenance. See below for upcoming closure dates and other important information about visiting the Dix Park Dog Park.
Location: Dix Park Dog Park (former Athletic Field), 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Know Before You Go:
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle for yourself and your furry friends, too.
- There are no public restrooms at the park, only port-a-johns.
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid the buildings and parking areas during business hours.
- Wednesday mornings the dog park is closed while our Parks crew is mowing. Routine maintenance and rest periods are also needed to keep the turf in good shape for pups to play. See the maintenance schedule below.
Dates Closed for Maintenance:
- May 28 - 31
- June 24 - 28
- July 29 - August 2
- Weekday dog park parking is available on Palmer Drive, see map below.
- Please be aware that races and other weekend events at Dix Park require short-term road closures around the dog park area. For questions of concerns, contact email@example.com.