Dogs and their owners are invited to run, romp and relax at our off-leash dog park. The large grass-covered dog park has separate areas for small and large dogs. A water station is available for people and pets.
Visit the Dog Park
Address: 1800 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Parking: Weekday parking M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm is available in the gravel lot. Evenings and weekend parking available in all lots.
The first dog park location along Lake Wheler Road is closed as this area is part of the future Gipson Play Plaza, which goes under construction fall 2022.
Know Before You Go
- All City of Raleigh Dog Park Rules apply.
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all areas of Dix Park outside the dog park fence.
- Water station with fountain, bottle/bowl filler and dog fountain is available.
- Port-a-johns are available. Indoor restrooms are located at the Chapel Event Center
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on Dix Park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid buildings and employee parking areas during business hours, Monday - Friday.
The dog park is not supervised. Owners and handlers are responsible for their dogs and their dogs' behavior at all times.
In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1. If you do not believe the area is safe, call the Raleigh Police Department at 919-831-6311.
Mowing and regular maintenance occurs Tuesday mornings from 6:00 - 9:00 am. The dog park may be fully closed during this time.
Have questions or feedback? Reach out to the Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com