- Gates Open & Shuttles Begin - 6:00pm
- Fireworks - 9:30pm
- Last Shuttle - 11:30pm
Location: The Big Field at Dix Park, 101 Blair Drive Raleigh, NC 27603
This event is free and open to the public with no ticket required. However, RSVPs help us plan for how many folks are attending and we can send you important event updates including inclement weather notices.
COVID-19 Safety Update
- Please stay home if you are sick!
- Face coverings are required inside all City of Raleigh facilities.
- Mask use is encouraged in outdoor spaces when social distancing is not possible.
- A 6-foot distance is recommended between yourself and people outside your household.
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go
- Walking will be necessary in and around the event area. Please note, portions of the event have uneven surfaces. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- There will be food and beverage vendors at this event. Depending on attendance there may be long lines and wait times.
- You may bring in your own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Port-a-johns will be the only restrooms available at the event site. ADA accessible facilities will be included.
- Indoor restrooms are available at the Chapel Event Center from 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
If we need to postpone or cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through Eventbrite ( Please RSVP) and post on the Facebook Event.
- Dix Park will be closed to all vehicles.
- Parking is available on NCSU Centennial Campus & Downtown Raleigh parking decks with shuttles to and from the park.
- Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.