Raleigh's 4th of July Fireworks are moving to Dix Park! Presented by City of Raleigh & ABC-11.
Pack a picnic or grab some food downtown and catch a shuttle to Dix Park! Enjoy music from our DJ stage and field games like cornhole and giant connect 4 before the fireworks begin.
*** Dix Park will be closed to vehicles beginning at 9:00 am on July 4th. The Dog Park also closes at 9:00 am ***
- Gates Open & Shuttles Begin - 6:00 pm
- Shuttles from Event Parking to Dix Park - 6:00 - 9:00 pm
- Fireworks - 9:30 pm
- Return shuttles from Dix Park to Event Parking - until 11:00 pm
Viewing Area: The Big Field at Dix Park
Getting to Dix Park
- No parking at Dix Park.
- Event parking is available on NCSU Centennial Campus & Downtown Raleigh parking decks.
- Dix Park is between a 10-20 minute walk from Centennial Campus parking & 20-25 minute walk from Downtown.
- We recommend carpooling, arriving early and packing light.
- Shuttles will run from NCSU Centennial Campus and Moore Square to Dix Park.
- Shuttles are between a 2-10 minute walk from Event Parking.
- All belongings should fit on your lap on the shuttle busses.
- Please pack your patience, especially at the end of the night.
Walk + Bike
- Use the Rocky Branch Greenway to enter the park at Hunt Drive and Western Blvd.
- Use the Centennial Bikeway Connector to enter the park at Blair Drive and Centennial Pkwy.
- Bike parking available at both park entrances monitored by volunteers.
Rideshare + Family Drop-off Lot
- Use the S. Boylan Ave entrance off of Western Blvd to access this lot.
- The Big Field viewing area is a 5-10 minute walk from this lot.
All event parking lots and decks have ADA parking spaces. Shuttles are also handicap accessible. However, the Dix Park event site and viewing area is not fully accessible for all mobility needs. Read more about Dix Park Accessibility here.
An Accessible Park & View Area for the fireworks is located at Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, 715 Nazareth Street. This area provides a good view of the fireworks. Attendees can park here and watch from in or next to their vehicles.
Know Before You Go
- The event area includes a grass covered field with uneven surfaces.
- There are no food trucks or concessions at this event.
- Water filling stations are available.
- Port-a-johns with ADA accessible facilities will be the only restrooms at the event.
What to Bring
- A refillable water bottle.
- Blanket and/or camp chairs for seating.
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks. Small cooler or bag permitted.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Pack light. All belongings should fit on your lap on the shuttle busses.
What is Not Allowed
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking & Vaping
- Drug use
- Open flames and grilling
- Personal fireworks
- Off-leash dogs & not properly disposing of dog waste. We recommend keeping pets home and safe during fireworks festivities.
- Please stay home if you are sick!
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Check out City of Raleigh's event information and FAQs below.
Other Questions? Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com.