The Dix Park Leadership Committee exists to provide guidance to City staff, the Conservancy, and other partners on the implementation of the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan. The Leadership Committee is supported by City staff and will make recommendations to the Raleigh City Council, which has final approval on the implementation of the Master Plan. The committee meets at least quarterly, and is composed of 12 members appointed by Raleigh City Council.
Dix Park Leadership Committee Members:
- Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin, Chair
- Jim Goodmon, Chair, Dix Park Conservancy, Vice-Chair
- Mayor Pro Tem Corey Branch
- Orage Quarles, Vice Chair, Dix Park Conservancy
- Nancy McFarlane, Dix Park Conservancy
- Carlton Midyette, Dix Park Conservancy
- Brad Johnson, Chair, Parks Recreation Greenways Advisory Board
- Oscar Carmona, Director, Parks Recreation and Cultural Resources Department
- Tansy Hayward, Assistant City Manager
- Mark Hoversten, Dean, School of Design, NC State University
- David Smith, Deputy Commissioner, NC Department of Agriculture
- TBD, Community Committee
View Leadership Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes using the City of Raleigh's paperless system. In BoardDocs, click the icon in the top right corner to select Dix Park Leadership Committee.