Come learn about what’s happening at and around Dix Park! There are a number of projects and ongoing studies supporting the transformation of the park. Drop in to the Chapel anytime from 5:00-6:30 pm to learn more about individual projects and chat with staff and consultants. All are welcome.
- Gipson Play Plaza
- Lake Wheeler Rd Improvements
- Rocky Branch Enhancement
- Cultural Interpretive Plan
- Building and Site Analysis + Financial Feasibility Study
- Accessibility Improvements
- Stone Houses Renovation
- Pullen-Bain Water Main Replacement
- Western Blvd Bus Rapid Transit
- Healing Transitions Expansion
Time: 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Location: The Chapel
Tickets not required, but your RSVP helps us plan for attendance.
Directions and Parking
- Dix Park Chapel Event Center, address is 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
- The closest park entrances to use are Hunt Drive off of Western Boulevard or Umstead Drive off of Lake Wheeler Road
- Parking is located in the large lot in front of the Chapel Event Center. ADA parking available.
COVID-19 Safety Reminders
Please stay home if you are sick!
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org