Celebrate Autumn in Raleigh with a Market & Festival at Dix Park! Presented in partnership by Shop Local Raleigh.
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: The Big Field at Dix Park
- Local Makers + Vendors
- Triangle-Area Craft Beer + Cider On Tap (tickets needed)
- Food Trucks + Tents
- Live Music + Entertainment
- Kids Zone + Hayrides
- Free Pumpkins - One per person, please!
Entry and all activities are free. Tickets are required at the brewery tents for all alcoholic beverages. Get details and pre-purchase tickets online at the link below.
- FREE Pumpkin Patch with 2,000 pumpkins - Free pumpkins are first come, first served - one per person.
- Kids Zone with inflatables, a rock wall, corn pits, and more.
- Touch-A-Truck - Get an up close look inside of a fire truck, dump truck, and more!
- Classic Cars - The Tarwheel A’s will have some of their classic Fords on display.
- Cornhole & Giant Yard Games!
- Photo booth & Fall Themed Backdrops!
- Hay rides!
- Special Guest Appearances - Keep your eyes out for these special guests at the festival
Know Before You Go
- The Big Field event area is grass covered and has uneven surfaces. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- We encourage you to enjoy the amazing selection of food trucks, but you may bring in your own food.
- You are encouraged to bring water bottles. Refill stations will be available.
- Port-a-johns will be available at the event site with ADA accessible facilities included.
- Dogs are permitted, but please use your best judgment as we’re expecting a lot of people, so it will likely be crowded and loud. All dogs must be leashed, well-behaved and clean up after them.
Getting There + Parking
- GPS address to event parking: 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh NC 27603
- Use one of these entrances: From Western Boulevard onto Hunt Drive or S. Boylan Avenue OR from Lake Wheeler Road onto Umstead Drive or Good Street.
- ADA/Accessibility parking is available in the Adams Lot. Enter at Barbour Drive off Centennial Parkway or Pullen Road.
Our circulator shuttles have three stops near event parking - look for the Dix Park feather flags.
- Ruggles Drive across from the steam plant
- Biggs Drive at Whiteside Drive
- The Chapel at 1030 Richardson Drive
- No shuttle service from the Hunt Drive gravel lot.
The shuttle drops you near the event entrance at the corner of Blair Drive and Umstead Drive. When you're ready to go, get back on the shuttle to return to event parking.
If we need to postpone or cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate on social media.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Falling for Local ADA parking is available in the Adams Lot. Enter at Barbour Drive off Centennial Parkway or Pullen Road. See map above.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com