Join us for the opening reception event of the 2024 Living In Color Artist Exhibition!
Dix Park in partnership with Raleigh Film and Art Festival presents a curated Black History Month artist exhibition showcasing a riveting display of visual art representing the experience of people of color living in the south. Enjoy an array of spectacular pieces by professional and student artists.
- Drinks and light hors d'oeuvres
- Spoken word feature performance
- 15 minute live theatrical dance performance
- Mix & mingle with live music
Time: 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Location: The Chapel at Dix Park, 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Tickets are free and not required, but your RSVP helps us plan for attendance.
Visit the Exhibit
- Living In Color exhibit is on display Sunday, February 4 - Sunday, February 26, 2024
- This exhibit is free to the public thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
Exhibit Open Hours
- Tuesdays 10am - 3pm
- Thursdays 10am - 3pm
- Saturdays 10am - 4pm
- Sundays 12 - 5pm*
*Exhibit closed for Yoga on Feb. 11 from 3:30-4:30 pm
Directions and Parking
- Via Western Boulevard: Enter at Hunt Drive or S. Boylan Avenue
- Via Lake Wheeler Road: Enter at Umstead Drive
- Follow Signs towards The Chapel
- Parking is located in the lots next to and in front of the Chapel. ADA parking is available.
- Click on the image below for an enlarged parking map.
Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: ADA parking spaces for the Chapel are to the left and out front of the building. ADA parking spaces are available in all lots.
Chapel Entrance: Ramp and ADA push button activated door is located to the left of the front of the building.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com