Welcome to Dix Park!
- Outdoor park spaces are open from dawn until dusk, seven days-a-week.
- On weekdays, visitors should only use Public Parking areas.
- Dogs must be kept on-leash unless inside the dog park fence.
- Keep the park clean and green - dispose of all trash or take it with you.
Please be Mindful:
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services administrative headquarters are located on park grounds.
- Monday - Friday during business hours, please avoid buildings and parking areas.
- Be aware of the weekday public parking areas. On evening and weekends, you can park in any lot.
- Over 900 people are buried at the cemetery. Please be respectful of this sacred ground.
Drones and Model Rocket Rules:
- Drones are only welcome in the Big Field only.
- Model Rocketry is permitted on the Big Field only.
- Please refer to the City of Raleigh's Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drones) Guidelines in Raleigh Parks webpage for more information.
Commercial Photography & Film:
- Professional photography and videography is welcome at Dix Park with a Parks Photography Permit.
- Complex film production on park property may require a Film and Photography Permit through the Special Events Office.
Raleigh Park Rules prohibit:
- Weapons of any kind
- Off-leash dogs & not properly disposing of dog waste
- Alcohol use, except by permit
- Smoking & Vaping
- Open flames, except in provided grills
- Drug use
- Commercial activity, except by permit
- Disturbing plants & wildlife
- Digging, excavating or removing park property
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org